2004 Jun 18 00:41

Re: [vox-tech] Re: [vox] Linux viruses?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 06:44:56PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 03:46:58PM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
> > Despite all this, the viruses that spread today are *much* less crafty
> > than anything you needed to do on the Mac or DOS.
>
> Yep.  Visual Basic code, like:
>
>   10 PRINT "Hahaha u have tha viruz!"
>   20 INFECT OTHER WORD DOC FILES
>
> ;)

The afforementioned hypercard virus was similar in concept to a Word
macro virus, but it found a way to hook itself into the startup
scripts for a given hypercard stack.

I was thinking about how these virus writers don't even have to figure
out crafty ways of making the virus run itself -- they just have to
wait for the user to do it for them. :-(