2004 Jun 14 16:23

[vox-tech] Spam filtering (was on vox-tech: open webmail

[vox-tech] Spam filtering (was on vox-tech: open webmail

Moved to vox for discussion.

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Ken Herron wrote:

> --On Monday, June 14, 2004 14:56:56 -0700 "Micah J. Cowan"
> <micah@cowan.name> wrote:
>
> > This message was flagged as SPAM by SpamAssassin, for good
> > reasons. Complain to your provider that their mail relay is on more
> > than one blacklist (orbs.dorkslayers.com, ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org).
>
> Your spam filter incorrectly flagged his message as spam, and you're
> blaming him?  How about you switch to something more accurate?  :-)

Well...

  1. I agree, that if the filter incorrectly flags a mail as spam,
     then the filter needs to be corrected, because it's not working as
     it's designed (filter real spams without filtering real mails.)
     Antispam lists are supposed to be transparent to legit users, after
     all.

  2. But if a mail relay is blacklisted on multiple antispam lists,
     then that needs to be corrected, too, for practical reasons.

Just my 2 cents..

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim