2004 Jun 09 16:39

[vox-tech] question on auto-running a program

[vox-tech] question on auto-running a program

I have a recent Debian Distro.

I have an "always-up" DSL connection thanks to Jonathan (thanks Jonathan!!) through a router.

When I log onto my machine as user, I am not connected because I have to "ifup eth0" as su.
So I can change to su. type "ifup", then exit back to user. Not efficient.

I want my son to use this machine and I do not want him to be su. How can I have the system always issue that command as su on boot-up no matter who logs on?

Thanks