2004 Jun 03 22:10

[vox-tech] Printing under KDE

I have been using Knoppix KDE 2.6 installation and learning slowly. At an installfest I had the printer working perfectly.

I do not seem to be able to set up any printers. Whenever I run the KDE printer set-up utility, it tells me
"Connection to CUPS server failed" Unable to retrieve the printer list" .

To debug I looked for a Printcap file. Doesn't exist. I am sure.
I find a "printcap.cups" file, but is nearly empty - only some notes on faxing...

What can I do?

Shouldn't I have a Printcap file so when I am printing from x-term I can print?

Many Thanks

Dick Ely

Richard D. Ely
27264 Meadowbrook Drive