2004 May 28 02:06

Re: [vox-tech] Locales and installed languages/charsets (in C)

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 05:18:59PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> In the future, we'll want the Tux Paint Config interface itself to be
> translatable, so when you're in French mode, you won't see:
>
>   French
>   Spanish
>   English
>
> you'd see:
>
>   Francais
>   L'anglais
>   Espagnol
>
> in the drop-down menu.

I think in general you want a menu that says
Francais
Espanol
English

where the name of each language is that language's own name for itself
so that people can find their own language named in that language.

Or, you want
Francais (French)
Espanol (Spanish)
English

(where the name in parentheses is the local name for that language)