2004 May 26 17:18

Re: [vox-tech] emergency: please help. /lib keeps disappearing

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> During the update, most of my consoles began to read:
>
>    "init spawning too fast.  Disabling getty for 5 minutes"

Ken Bloom (I think?) mentioned a while back that getty is buggy, and he
would get that message (I get it too, but I don't use the console enough
to make it bother me). The fix was to use an alternate program like
mingetty or something.

Not that I see _any_ connection between a buggy getty and some hungry
program eating /lib - this is just what I noticed first.

-Bryan