2004 May 26 13:23

Re: [vox-tech] emergency: please help. /lib keeps disappearing

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> You can in fact install knoppix directly to your harddrive, as was
> demonstrated at our most recent installfest.  There is a script on the
> knoppix disk to do this.  Apparently, you can then use debian tools to
> install and configure software beyond what's on the disk.  However, it
> seemed difficult to make changes to the auto-detection boot magic.

I've been thinking about that...

When I made changes to the Knoppix install system, it was before the
Knoppix install booted for the first time: I installed Knoppix onto the
hard drive, then mounted the hard drive, and made fstab changes, and
rebooted.  During the first run, everything was autodetected and all
changes I made disappeared.  But that could be by design; we never
modified the system again and booted for the second time.  I have a
feeling a second and later boot might not have overwritten the changes we
made.

Just a theory.

-Mark

--