January 6: Social gathering
2004 May 27 03:07

RE: [vox-tech] rndc: connect failed: connection refused

I have seen this on my Red Hat 8.0 DNS server.  Most of the time I can /etc/init.d/named stop and then start will work.  Sometimes though I have to send a kill and the start the service.  I don’t know why and I am way over worked to find out why.  You can also do the Windows thing and reboot the box.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Milver S. Nisay [mailto:mnisay@coollink.us]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 7:39 AM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: [vox-tech] rndc: connect failed: connection refused

hello again.

one of my DNS box is up and running well. however, issuing a restart or a status named command

will give out:

rndc: connect failed: connection refused

i cannot stop the named BUT i can start it well. reload fails and status fails also.

RH 9. and i have this.

bind-9.2.1-16
bind-utils-9.2.1-16

anyone with the same experience? AMAP, i do not want to have a BIND upgrade.

please advise.

//milver