2004 May 26 09:10

Re: [vox-tech] emergency: please help. /lib keeps disappearing

Re: [vox-tech] emergency: please help. /lib keeps disappearing

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 06:52:22AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
[...]
> Good.  Now I begin to recover packages.  I don't know how to get a list
> of all packages that install files in /lib, so I do the only thing I
> know how to do:
>
>    COLUMNS=255 dpkg -l "*" | grep -v 'description'
>       | awk '{ print $2 }' > recover.sh
>
> which gives me a list of all installed packages.  BTW, if anybody knows
> how to generate a list of all packages which have files in /lib, I'd
> like to know.

(for i in $(dpkg -l '*'|grep -v description|awk '{print $2}'); do
    if dpkg -L $i | grep '^/lib/' > /dev/null ; then
        echo $i
    fi
done) | less

[...]
> That's about the only thing I can think of to try (other than installing
> Gentoo which I've been thinking about for a few weeks now).

Is there a reason to think Gentoo would have fewer problems than Debian?

Issac

--
Issac Trotts
http://mallorn.ucdavis.edu/~ijtrotts