2004 May 25 16:01

[vox-tech] DVD and labels

Hola,

I bought a DVD writer a month ago, and have been so busy that I didn't
get a chance to use it up until today.

I burned a DVD and made sure it worked.  Then I put a CD Stomper CD
Labeling System label on my DVD.  The DVD became unreadable.

Burned another DVD.  It was fine.  Put another CDR label on it and the
DVD became unreadable.

I can take a hint.

Did some Googling, and can't find any mention that CDR labels destroy
DVD's.  I've seen threads asking about the long term safety of DVD's
with labels on them, but nothing that says "it immediately destroys your
DVD".

FWIW, I'm using cheap 2x TDK DVD-R and the drive is a Memorex ATAPI
DVD(everything).

Any input?  Are there special "DVD only" labels?!?

Thanks
Pete

Good, Fast, Cheap.  Pick any two (you can't have all three)
   --- RFC 1925: The Twelve Networking Truths (The 7th truth)