2004 May 24 19:26

Re: [vox-tech] data recovery via linux (Lost Permissions)

Re: [vox-tech] data recovery via linux (Lost Permissions)

> you might want to search the vox-tech archives.  there was a thread here
> about ntfs a few months ago.  i think rick moen mentioned a project that
> sounds very hopeful regarding ntfs r/w access.  i believe they were
> achieving results using ntfs dll's from win32 machines (or something
> like that).

Yeah, that's Captive NTFS, http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/ .

One way to get ahold of that is using either a Knoppix 3.4 CD (the
latest release series) or a Kanotix one.  Both are run-from-CD (by default)
distributions, and both give you use of Captive NTFS if you need it for
data recovery, etc.