2004 May 24 18:45

Re: [vox-tech] data recovery via linux (Lost Permissions)

Re: [vox-tech] data recovery via linux (Lost Permissions)

you might want to search the vox-tech archives.  there was a thread here
about ntfs a few months ago.  i think rick moen mentioned a project that
sounds very hopeful regarding ntfs r/w access.  i believe they were
achieving results using ntfs dll's from win32 machines (or something
like that).

pete

On Sat 22 May 04,  7:38 AM, Hans W. Uhlig <deathguard@yahoo.com> said:

> On Thursday 20 May 2004 9:24 pm, Mark K. Kim wrote:
>
> On a side note, is it possible to modify the owner and permissions on a NTFSv2
> partition(Win XP), and or copy data from one NTFS drive to another, I thought
> NTFS write support was working, but when I tried this with a knoppix CD
> yesterday in my lab it just gave me operation not permitted. (Yes the drive
> was mounted Read Write.)

Good, Fast, Cheap.  Pick any two (you can't have all three)
   --- RFC 1925: The Twelve Networking Truths (The 7th truth)