2004 May 22 08:00

Re: [vox-tech] Gentoo printer font problem

Re: [vox-tech] Gentoo printer font problem

I would like to remind everyone:

   Please don't send HTML email to the lists.

I encourage everyone to read:

Thanks,
Peter

On Sat 22 May 04,  6:20 AM, Bruce Wolk <bawolk@ucdavis.edu> said:
>    Rod Roark wrote:
>
>  On Friday 21 May 2004 09:27 pm, Bruce Wolk wrote:
>

>  After I managed to wreck my Redhat 9 set-up trying to upgrade to KDE
>  3.2, I decided to start over with Gentoo.  It has been quite a ride, but
>  I now have a working system with KDE, Firefox, and Thunderbird.  But I
>  am stumped trying to get decent printing.  I have an hp laserjet 1300
>  and have set up cups and foomatic.  The test page from the CUPS print
>  manager prints beautifully.  But any printing from the KDE programs,
>  such as Kword or Kate, produce ugly, barely readable text.
>
>  Do any of you Gentoo folks have a suggestion?  Or is fedora in my future?

Good, Fast, Cheap.  Pick any two (you can't have all three).
   --- RFC 1925: The Twelve Networking Truths (The 7th truth)