2004 May 21 21:50

[vox-tech] Gentoo printer font problem

After I managed to wreck my Redhat 9 set-up trying to upgrade to KDE 3.2, I decided to start over with Gentoo. It has been quite a ride, but I now have a working system with KDE, Firefox, and Thunderbird. But I am stumped trying to get decent printing. I have an hp laserjet 1300 and have set up cups and foomatic. The test page from the CUPS print manager prints beautifully. But any printing from the KDE programs, such as Kword or Kate, produce ugly, barely readable text.
Do any of you Gentoo folks have a suggestion? Or is fedora in my future?

Bruce