2004 May 21 15:34

Re: [vox-tech] Removing Files

Sorry forgot about that. I was not able to succeed in passing those options that you have suggested. But i think that herein lies the solution. This is a link that is from the kernel mailing list archives which describes possibly the same problem and the solution:

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0403.3/0058.html

But I am not able to mount with that option specified. Do you have any suggestions. Here are the commands and the output:

# mount /dev/vg/media /usr/media/ -o iocharset=utf8
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/vg/media,
or too many mounted file systems
# mount -t jfs /dev/vg/media /usr/media/ -o iocharset=utf8
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/vg/media,
or too many mounted file systems
# mount -t jfs /dev/vg/media /usr/media/
# !u
umount /usr/media/
# mount -t jfs -o iocharset=utf8 /dev/vg/media /usr/media/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/vg/media,
or too many mounted file systems
# mount /usr/media/

Mark K. Kim wrote:
Have you tried mounting with the "-o iocharset=<charset>" option yet?

-Mark