2004 May 20 18:10

Re: [vox-tech] Removing Files

Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 02:36:47PM -0700, Bryan Richter wrote:

So, your operating system doesn't like the filename, eh? Maybe try a
second opinion? Say, fire up Knoppix or one of its siblings and see what
it thinks? Maybe it could also give you insight as to why your OS
doesn't like the file.

I just tried using knoppix v3.4 build 5-10. I could not figure out how to get LVM2 working on it since the partition in question is stored on that. I could not find any reading out there in my first look at whether Knoppix supports lvm2 on Google, but honestly I did not look that hard.

The Linux version that I am using right know is Gentoo, so I am not sure how much difference that makes. One option is wiping out the partition and start over, however, I think that there should be a solution without having to resort to that.

Well, also notice from the screenshot that the file's timestamp is from the
beginning of Unix time (dec 1969, right?)

Something's obviously funny with the inode.  "rm -r" a dir with the file
barfs, using various tools (rm, Konq, MC, etc.) all barf...

Really, it needs some FS inode surgery, it sounds like!
Any suggestions on how to go about do this? Thanks for all the help so far. I will continue looking.

Dan