2004 May 27 11:23

[vox-tech] vim leaves # comments at beginning of line when indenting

[vox-tech] vim leaves # comments at beginning of line when indenting

As an example, suppose I've written some Python code with a comment

# Assorted verbiage here

and then decide to indent it.  I position my cursor on the line and
press the magic vim key sequence >>.  Nothing happens.  I go to other
lines not beginning with '#' and do the same thing.  They get indented.
I assume Bram Moolenar didn't do this as a practical joke, so it's a
mystery to me...  Can someone tell me the rationale, and how to make it
do what I want anyway?

--
Issac Trotts
http://mallorn.ucdavis.edu/~ijtrotts