2004 May 20 07:42

Re: [vox-tech] Removing Files

Milver S. Nisay wrote:

No luck with the mp3 or avi files.  I have included the excuted commands
and the outcomes below.  Thanks for the suggestions though.

check if the files are immutables?  are you deleting the file using root?
have you tried rm -rf ? what about modifying file attribute to 777 and chmod
root.root ALLFILES
then delete them again using rm -rf ?

Sorry cannot stat the files at all. The only evidence that I have that they are there is the error messages that get from the commands complaining that such and such file is not there. For instance:

$ ls -R ./movies

would error with this:
ls: movies/Evil Dead 3 - Army of Darkness (Director´s Cut).avi: No such file or directory

So Any command that tries and access the files errors.

Thanks though.

Dan

hope this helps//
milver