2004 May 18 11:15

RE: [vox-tech] redirect to squid using router

RE: [vox-tech] redirect to squid using router

I didn't see the original post so I am not sure what you have done or or
trying to do.  But I use WCCP (Cisco protocol) to redirect all port 80
traffic to the squid box.  If squid and postgres are configured
correctly they should be broadcasting or announcing the service to the
router.
WCCP version 1 needs to be enabled on the router.  Linux does support
WCCP ver 2 because Cisco owns it and they want money.
Also the Linux kernel will have to have WCCP compiled into since it is
not native to the Linux kernel.
So the items that need to be done,
Compile WCCP into the kernel
Enable WCCP ver 1 on the router
Install and configure squid and postgres to use WCCP

I have this running on my network for web filtering for over 10,000
desktops.

Jay