2004 May 15 22:14

Re: [vox-tech] [OT] windows XP CD won't boot

Re: [vox-tech] [OT] windows XP CD won't boot

things are of course stranger than expected....

the machine boots fine from other bootable media: floppies or CDs

in fact, it was with a win2k CD that he was able to format the HD.

it seemed like the only way the XP CD would boot is if it was part of the
install process... i wonder if there are any magical bits in the MBR that it
could set...?

of course linux would be the best option... but he is pretty into his windoz

dylan

on 04.5.14 10:06 PM, Rod Roark at rod@sunsetsystems.com was reported to have
writen: