2004 May 08 16:26

Re: [vox-tech] Hardware Recommendations?

On Friday 07 May 2004 10:07 pm, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> What is the most stable motherboard currently used for Linux?  That is,
> if someone were building a computer, what motherboard would you
> recommend?

Beats me, there are so many great choices.  But I have come
to like Asus boards for consistently good performance and
reliability.

> What is better for Linux, an AMD chip or a Pentium 4?

They all work perfectly.

I am not as enamored of the hyperthreading P-4's as some
are.  The performace benefit is marginal (15% or so), and
Linux will recognize it as a dual CPU which makes things a
bit more complicated.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/