2004 May 07 11:31

Re: [vox-tech] USB mouse moves too fast with custom 2.6.5 kernel

Re: [vox-tech] USB mouse moves too fast with custom 2.6.5 kernel

Does that particular mouse work as expected with an old kernel? Do other usb mice "jump" with your new kernel?

Probably not much help, but I once bought a very cheap, low-quality optical ps/2 mouse. It worked fine in Windows, but it was incredibly jerky in Linux, no matter what I tried. I eventually gave it away and bought a new one.

Jonathan

Issac Trotts wrote:
When I use a USB mouse with my new kernel, it jumps at least two pixels no matter how small a motion I make. Other people have
encountered this problem, but the solution that keeps coming up in
Google searches is to make sure that you only have a single mouse entry
in the XF86Config-4 file. My XF86Config-4 file already had only one
mouse section, so I guess something else is wrong. None of the
alternative mouse device files gave better results: /dev/psaux,
/dev/input/mouse0, and /dev/input/mice all gave the same jumpiness.
The only thing that has worked so far is to replace the mouse with an
old PS/2 mouse, not a very nice way to go. Any ideas?

My kernel config and XF86Config are attached.