2004 May 04 17:59

Re: [vox-tech] Has anyone done cartography on Linux?

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 02:56:16PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> hi henry,
>
> sounds like a 4-6 hour SDL programming project (2-3 hours for bill).

WEH!  I'm busy! :^P

Hehehe...

> collect a bunch of mouse clicks, and it's not too difficult to calculate
> a perimeter using the coordinates, assuming you only have piecewise
> straight lines and a scaling.  just the good old pythagorean theorem
> (except for the degenerate vertical line case).

Vertical lines.  The degenerate of the angles.
/me adjusts keystone on his monitor to make up for it. ;^)

<snip>

PS - Probably best left to wxWindows, Qt, GTK+ or FLTK, otherwise you'd
have to use a widget GUI library, or roll your own.  That's fine for
something like a video game or Tux Paint, but I imagine it'd get tedious
for a 'real' application. ;^)

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com        | Even when using industrial beat, Kompressor
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill | know importance of brushing teeth