2004 May 02 20:54

[vox-tech] Remove a filesystem

Hi,

Is there a command to remove a filesystem?

If I partition a disk, build a filesystem (mke2fs), is there anything like
rme2fs?  I'm playing with software raid and after I've built my raid device,
built a filesystem on it, mounted it, I'd like to delete the filesystem, so
that the next time I do a:

mdadm -C /dev/md0 --level raid1 --raid-disks 2 missing /dev/hdc1

It doesn't give me a message like:
mdadm: /dev/hdc2 appears to contain an ext2fs file system
    size=40001728K  mtime=Sun May  2 22:32:37 2004
mdadm: /dev/hdc2 appears to be part of a raid array:
    level=1 devices=2 ctime=Sun May  2 22:28:46 2004
Continue creating array? y

Thanks
Jay