2004 Apr 29 10:58

Re: [vox-tech] Heretical WinXP Q re: burning Knoppix CD's

Re: [vox-tech] Heretical WinXP Q re: burning Knoppix CD's

Quoting Richard Crawford (rscrawford@mossroot.com):

> *grin*  I was wondering about that.  I did seriously try to parse your
> advice to make it work in my brain, but I couldn't.

;->  Again, sorry about that.  At least I caught up on the thread a few
minutes afterwards.

> Did I mention that this laptop has no floppy drive?  ;-)

Wave of the future.  Fortunately, we have things like SystemRescueCd:
http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/519720/SystemRescueCd.html

Obviously, someone is likely to have to burn you a copy, but it
incorporates QtPartEd and ntfsresize, thus giving you a nice, reliable
graphical shell from which to shrink your NTFS partition; then you
install $DISTRO_OF_CHOICE, and so on.

> Seriously, though, my hope was to do this on my laptop, mostly for the
> ease of transport factor.  I have something like 70 CD's to burn, and was
> hoping I could do it on my laptop so that I could do it downstairs while
> watching TV, that sort of thing.  :D

Well, above is my serious recommendation.

--
Cheers,        "A raccoon tangled with a 23,000 volt line, today.  The results
Rick Moen       blacked out 1400 homes and, of course, one raccoon."