2004 Apr 29 09:38

Re: [vox-tech] Heretical WinXP Q re: burning Knoppix CD's

Re: [vox-tech] Heretical WinXP Q re: burning Knoppix CD's

Use a burning software, not XP's simulated file system.  If you just drop
it in, it's gonna create a file system on the CD and put the ISO file in
the root of the FS.  You don't want the FS there.  So use a burning
software that knows how to burn ISO files instead.

-Mark

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Richard Crawford wrote:

> I am apparently doing something wrong while trying to burn Knoppix CD's
> with my Windows XP laptop.  I had assumed that I would just download the
> .iso file onto my hard drive, insert a blank CD into my CD-ROM drive, then
> copy the file from the hard drive to the blank CD using WinXP's native CD
> writing software.
>
> This doesn't seem to be working though.  The CD I create doesn't boot my
> computer into Knoppix.  I've checked the BIOS on my computer to ensure
> that it is bootable from CD-ROM, but it's still not working out.
>
> Any thoughts on what I might be missing?
>

> --
> Sláinte,
> Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)
> http://www.mossroot.com   http://www.stonegoose.com/catseyeview
> "It is only with our heart that we can see clearly.  What is essential is
> invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exupery

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius
Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/
Xanga: http://www.xanga.com/vindaci