2004 Apr 29 10:14

[vox-tech] Heretical WinXP Q re: burning Knoppix CD's

[vox-tech] Heretical WinXP Q re: burning Knoppix CD's

I am apparently doing something wrong while trying to burn Knoppix CD's
with my Windows XP laptop.  I had assumed that I would just download the
.iso file onto my hard drive, insert a blank CD into my CD-ROM drive, then
copy the file from the hard drive to the blank CD using WinXP's native CD
writing software.

This doesn't seem to be working though.  The CD I create doesn't boot my
computer into Knoppix.  I've checked the BIOS on my computer to ensure
that it is bootable from CD-ROM, but it's still not working out.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing?

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)