2004 Apr 30 11:30

Re: [vox-tech] Bash scripting newbie - need syntax help

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:24:14PM -0700, Dave Margolis wrote:
> great explaination, gracias.  is there ever a chance that the set of
> information piped off to xargs could become too big?

Nope!  That's the nice thing about xargs.  Notice how you're piping into
xargs.  It just reads from stdin, and says "okay, I just read 500 items,
I'll send that list to 'rm'"...  then it reads in more, and calls "rm"
a second time.  And so on...

'man xargs' for the gorey details.