2004 Apr 28 12:29

Re: [vox-tech] oracle -> MySQL conversion

Re: [vox-tech] oracle -> MySQL conversion

Hi Dylan,

> we are looking at converting our operations to MySQL, or any other open
> source RDBMS...

Have you considered postgres (please <> insert holy war here)?  You'll get
support for some extra features like triggers, stored procedures, etc...

There are tools to help convert the data and the schema

Look on this page for "Oracle":
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/

Also, I know there are commercial tools to move from oracle to mysql:
http://solutions.mysql.com/search.php?p=software&cat=90&q=oracle

Hope it helps.

Jonathan