2004 Apr 27 22:09

Re: [vox-tech] remove / break html/mime content with exim

Re: [vox-tech] remove / break html/mime content with exim

on 04.4.27 0:06 AM, ME at dugan@passwall.com was reported to have writen:

>> on Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 06:38:22PM -0700, dylan (dylan@iici.no-ip.org)
>> wrote:
>>> on a side note, i am certainly open to suggestions for a better email
>>> client. i have tried everything i can think of for classic macos, but
>>> none have been able to handle multi-byte charactersets properly.
>
> If you have a *NIX server providing mail (or even a Windows Server if you
> must) and can install PHP with a webserver then you can try out
> SquirrelMail.
>
> I have shifted over to use SM as my primary e-mail client, and if you
> build PHP properly, and configure SM properly, you can get MB-character
> support and rely upon web-browser's ability. I have users who are
> Japanese, Korean, Danish, from Kazahkstahn, and several other countries
> who are able to read mail from my server over a web-based interface. Also,
> composition of e-mail relies upon the I/O of the web browser itself, and
> many support multibyte character encoding for web page submissions. If you
> add support for SSL, then you can gain the advantage of encrypted
> authentication and sessions.

Actually, I use SM while away from home- and it works quite well, multi-byte
emails and all. however, i would prefer not to use a web-based client for
all of my email adventures.

thanks for the idea though!

Dylan