January 6: Social gathering
2004 Apr 27 00:02

Re: [vox-tech] remove / break html/mime content with exim

on Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 06:38:22PM -0700, dylan (dylan@iici.no-ip.org) wrote:
> hi everyone-
>
> is there any way to have Exim strip, remove, or even break any embedded html
> in messages at delivery time?
>
> for lack of any other options, i am using outlook express (*shudder*) on
> macos 9, and ever so often, messages containing html cause OE (and
> subsequently the machine) to crash in a big way. as most of this html mail
> comes in via my system that is running exim, i was hoping that there is a
> way to remove the html...

I'd use a procmail rule.  There are similar sorts of recipies for
converting inline GPG signatures to MIME attachments.  A lynx -dump or
w3m -dump rule might do the trick.

> on a side note, i am certainly open to suggestions for a better email
> client. i have tried everything i can think of for classic macos, but
> none have been able to handle multi-byte charactersets properly.

Eudora?

Peace.

   LNX-BBC:  Bootable GNU/Linux -- Don't leave /home without it.
     http://www.lnx-bbc.org/