2004 Apr 26 11:10

Re: [vox-tech] TASM-compatible 6502 cross assmbler for Linux?

Re: [vox-tech] TASM-compatible 6502 cross assmbler for Linux?

Sorry... don't know of any TASM compatible assembler for Linux.  :(

I'm not familiar with TASM, but if you can find a DOS-compatible TASM
assembler, you can probably run it via DOSEMU, all from the Linux
command-line in one swoop, just like a Linux program (after you configure
it right ^.-)

-Mark

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> I got a couple of cool new toys for my Atari 8-bit computer today.
> One is a replacement for some aging (10-year-old!) cables that let
> me boot my Atari off of a PC.
>
> The other is a flash memory cartridge that I can place files or disk images
> on, allowing the Atari to boot right off the cartridge.
>

> The cartridge is re-programmed right on the Atari.  There's software that
> creates a bootable disk image containing the data I want to write to the
> flash cartridge, and the necessary code to actually do it.
> (The aforementioned adapter comes in handy to boot the disk image.)
>

> The disk image is created by a Perl script (so it runs on Linux!), however
> it assumes TASM (a shareware 6502 cross-compiler for DOS/Windows) is
> available.
>
> Does anyone here know if there's something similar/compatible to TASM
> available for Linux?  I'm not having the best luck Google'ing right now.
> (Mark Kim, you out here? ;^) )
>
> Thx!
>
> -bill!
> PS - Also got two other goodies for my Atari the other day.  One is an
>      EXCELLENT clone of the arcade game "Warlords."  The other is called
>      the "Stelladapter," and lets me hook up Atari 8-bit joysticks and paddles
>      to a PC's USB port for use in emulators (and elsewhere; it's just
>      an HID joystick, so far as the OS is concerned!)  :^)

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius
Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/
Xanga: http://www.xanga.com/vindaci