2004 Apr 25 00:58

Re: [vox-tech] Debian help: font problems

Re: [vox-tech] Debian help: font problems

On 2004.04.24 13:39, Ken Herron wrote:
--On Saturday, April 24, 2004 12:37:18 PM -0700 Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> wrote:
And bingo.  I had gs-afpl 8.14-2 installed and Mark had gs 7.07-1.
Didn't know what the difference was, but I made my packages conform
exactly to his, including removing some of my gs font packages.
Cool. Glad you got it working.

Ghostscript 7.07 is the latest GPL'ed version, while gs 8.14 is the latest version released under the AFPL (Aladdin free public license). AFPL has some restrictions affecting commercial use. The people who maintain ghostscript follow this dual-license strategy so that they can make a little money from their commercial users.
Ghostscript's GPL version is 8.01-2 in sid. I don't know whether it will have the same problems as gs-afpl 8.14, but you can bet it will propagate to testing relatively soon.