2004 Apr 24 23:42

Re: [vox-tech] Debian help: font problems

Re: [vox-tech] Debian help: font problems

--On Saturday, April 24, 2004 12:37:18 PM -0700 Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> wrote:
And bingo.  I had gs-afpl 8.14-2 installed and Mark had gs 7.07-1.
Didn't know what the difference was, but I made my packages conform
exactly to his, including removing some of my gs font packages.
Cool. Glad you got it working.

Ghostscript 7.07 is the latest GPL'ed version, while gs 8.14 is the latest version released under the AFPL (Aladdin free public license). AFPL has some restrictions affecting commercial use. The people who maintain ghostscript follow this dual-license strategy so that they can make a little money from their commercial users.
--
Ken Herron