2004 Apr 14 08:27

Re: [vox-tech] php/GD problems (sorry for duplicate post)

Re: [vox-tech] php/GD problems (sorry for duplicate post)

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, dylan wrote:

[... skipping questions I can't answer...]

> PS: i should mention that i am looking for some ways of messing with limited
> RGB - HVC color space conversion...namely the limited earth tones that are
> used in soil classification. php might not be the best way to do this...

I am not sure about PHP, but your average joe monitor's color adjustments
can do major damage to any subtle color differences you _think_ you are
presenting.  I am no color expert, but I have seen some descriptions of
using reference color strips used to calibrate monitors for correct color
presentation, and it can be way involved.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing