2004 Apr 13 18:33

Re: [vox-tech] SBC Modem Compatibility

I have sonic.net DSL, which goes through SBC before the connections get to
my home. (one phone company to rule them all phone lines...)  I also got a
D-Link router.  All works great, except I think there's some bug in the
D-Link router so I had to set the MTU manually to a lower number.  No
problems otherwise.

-Mark

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Robert G. Scofield wrote:

> I'm getting ready to order SBC DSL, and I'm planning on networking a router
> with two computers to share the SBC connection.
>
> I've heard from two sources that the DSL modems that SBC now use have
> compatibililty problems with lots of equipment that is not purchased from
> SBC.  I've heard SBC's older modems were more compatible.
>
> SBC technical support, however, says there are no compatibility problems with
> its modems.
>
> I'd like to get some D-Link equipment because some of their stuff is
> compatible with Linux.
>
> Does anyone here believe that there are compatibility problems with SBC?
>
> Is D-Link a good source for equipment?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bob

Mark K. Kim