2004 Apr 13 11:15

Re: [vox-tech] [non-linux] windows ME PC automatically restarts

Re: [vox-tech] [non-linux] windows ME PC automatically restarts

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 03:43 am, Dave Margolis margolid-at-ecs.csus.edu
|lugod| wrote:
> alright, i'll restate:
> it seems apt users have to put a lot of trust in whoever maintains the
> package lists on their apt server(s) of choice.  is this correct?  i
> have limited debian use, but i've muddled with apt-rpm on a fedora box
> quite a bit and it seems pretty solid.  how often does an apt-get
> update/upgrade break things? (and i suppose this depends on one's use of
> stable or testing).

An update to iproute2 in RH9 broke some things for us at work. Silently
removed support for HTB. It still hasn't been fixed....

we use yum on our redhat boxes, which i happen to prefer over apt on rpm
based distros.

Also available at http://www.XXXXXXX/~ryan/ryan_at_mother_dot_com.asc