2004 Apr 13 01:24

Re: [vox-tech] [non-linux] windows ME PC automatically restarts

Re: [vox-tech] [non-linux] windows ME PC automatically restarts

> Any chance it's an eMachine? I'm not sure about the virus possibility or
> the IE problem, but I have seen a similar reboot issue a number of
> times, most often with eMachines. It was usually traced back to a dying
> power suply.  The one time it wasn't, it had to do with a dead CMOS
> battery. (My roommate had to put her eMachine on a power strip with a
> switch... sometimes it would reboot when told to shut down. Other times
> it would randomly decided to boot back up, anywhere from minutes to
> hours later.)

Actually it is a Gateway. They have never had this problem before, and the
only reason that they *suspect* a virus or something is because 1 day before
the crazyness started my sister downloaded a bunch of random software... but
who knows... this is windows that we are talking about ... :)

thanks for the idea!

dylan