2004 Apr 09 22:13

Re: [vox-tech] Mouse problem with new laptop

Re: [vox-tech] Mouse problem with new laptop

Doctorcam wrote:
* Trevor M. Lango (tmlango@sbcglobal.net) wrote:

/dev/input/event0 perhaps...?

Thanks, but no joy with that. I have seen reviews that state quite
clearly that for both the M30 and the M35 (very similar),
"/dev/event/mice" is the correct choice. Using anything else appears
to cause the server to crash.

There is an entry when nvidia.o is loaded, noting "silken mouse
enabled" or some such thing. I don't think that means much.
I have started gpm, which uses usbmouse, and set the device in
XF86Config to /dev/gpmdata. kdm starts fine, but there's no reaction
from the mouse. I'm stumped.

Cam

Have you looked to see what you actually DO have in /dev? I don't have your original post in front of me. I assume you are trying to get a usb pointing device to work. The appropriate dev name depends on your setup (devfs, udev, etc.) I use /dev/input/mice for my usb mouse, and I just noticed a symlink called /dev/usbmouse which points to /dev/input/mice.

HTH,
Jonathan