2004 Apr 05 16:07

[vox-tech] Slashdot's nameservers down?

From here it appears that slashdot.org has no working
authoritative nameservers.  I can get to slashdot if I use
my ISP's nameserver, but presumably that is because they
have it cached.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Details below.  Note that VA Software appears to be the DNS
provider.  Perhaps they are down?

-----

rod@rod rod $ dig +nocomments +nostats @a.root-servers.net slashdot.org

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> +nocomments +nostats @a.root-servers.net slashdot.org
;; global options:  printcmd
;slashdot.org.                  IN      A
org.                    172800  IN      NS      TLD1.ULTRADNS.NET.
org.                    172800  IN      NS      TLD2.ULTRADNS.NET.
TLD1.ULTRADNS.NET.      172800  IN      A       204.74.112.1
TLD2.ULTRADNS.NET.      172800  IN      A       204.74.113.1
rod@rod rod $ dig +nocomments +nostats @tld1.ultradns.net slashdot.org

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> +nocomments +nostats @tld1.ultradns.net slashdot.org
;; global options:  printcmd
;slashdot.org.                  IN      A
SLASHDOT.ORG.           172800  IN      NS      NS3.VASOFTWARE.COM.
SLASHDOT.ORG.           172800  IN      NS      NS2.VASOFTWARE.COM.
SLASHDOT.ORG.           172800  IN      NS      NS1.VASOFTWARE.COM.
rod@rod rod $ dig +nocomments +nostats @ns1.vasoftware.com slashdot.org

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> +nocomments +nostats @ns1.vasoftware.com slashdot.org
;; global options:  printcmd
rod@rod rod $ dig +nocomments +nostats @ns2.vasoftware.com slashdot.org