2004 Apr 04 00:39

Re: [vox-tech] One more problem - masquerading

Re: [vox-tech] One more problem - masquerading

Cam,

Can you post the command (rule) that you are using to set the forwarding? i.e.

${IPTABLES} -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s ${subnet} -o ${INET_IFACE} -j MASQUERADE

Mark

Doctorcam wrote:

* Doctorcam (cam@ellisonet.ca) wrote:

The aforementiond laptop (Toshiba M30) contacts my internal LAN very
well, and NFS works like a charm. Attempts to get outside meet with
consistent failure, however.
I'm really thick - must be the 5-hour nights. Forgot to specify the
gateway.

Sorry about that.

However, the other issue, below, is unresolved:

The third machine on the network has no
trouble, at least most of the time. I notice that masquerading fails
on an irregular basis, and must be reinstated. ip_forward is always
set to 1, so something else is going on.
Cheers

Cam