January 6: Social gathering
2004 Apr 04 15:02

Re: [vox-tech] serendipity with vim

On 2004.04.02 10:16, Mark K. Kim wrote:
Another Vim feature I use, which I think is just the awesomest thing
I've never seen anybody else use, is the HTML conversion.  You can
open a file under gvim (but not vim), turn on the syntax
highlighting, and generate an HTML version of the file with syntax
highlights from the menu item [Syntax] -> [Convert to HTML].  It
then splits the window with the HTML code, which you can save to a
file.  I've used this in all my presentations so I don't have to
manually generate syntax-highlighted sourcode on slides.  This works
only under gvim, not vim, for some reason; it might be some GTK
feature Vim needs to generate the HTML.
Should work in ordinary vim too. :TOhtml
It takes a little while to run though.