2004 Apr 02 15:18

Re: [vox-tech] serendipity with vim

In sed, one can delete every line matching a pattern with the command
"/pattern/d". In vi, using the analagous command ":/pattern/d" only deletes the first line that matches the pattern. How do you delete all the lines that match the pattern? ":g/pattern/d" (:g[lobal] lets you apply an ex command to every line matching a pattern)