2004 Apr 01 14:22

Re: [vox-tech] Scanning remotely (was: IDE cdrw/dvdrw

Re: [vox-tech] Scanning remotely (was: IDE cdrw/dvdrw

Speaking of SANE and scanning, I just picked up a refurbished HP PSC
1210 Printer, Scanner, Copier from Office Max for $60 ($80 less a $20
rebate).

This isn't an endorsement for Office Max or HP, but I just wanted to let
anybody who's looking to save some deskspace that all three parts work
great in Linux.

printer: hpijs/cups (printer should support 1200x1200, but driver only
supports 600x600)
scanner: hpoj/sane - flawless scans up to 600dpi*
copier: hardware, just press the bottons on the device

(*) The only caveat is that every time I scan, cupsd gets confused
and I have to kill a few things and restart cups to be able to print
again.  This problem is documented and supposedly fixed in a CVS version
of hpoj, which i haven't tried yet...