2004 Mar 31 14:59

Re: [vox-tech] rsync as an installation / update tool

Re: [vox-tech] rsync as an installation / update tool

Aaron A. King wrote:
Yeah, rsync -essh is way cool.
<snip>
Also, probably you want /var in the exclude list.
Actually, there is much I don't know about the linux file tree yet. After a little more thought, I will add these to my exclude list:

tmp/
var/empty/
var/lib/
var/lock/
var/log/
var/mail/
var/run/
var/spool/
var/state/

I can't exclude all of var/ because gentoo uses parts of it to catalogue installed programs.

Jonathan

<snip>

#rsync -va -e ssh --exclude-from=exclude_file --delete-after root@gentoo_computer:/ /

exclude_file