2004 Mar 30 14:26

Re: [vox-tech] rsync as an installation / update tool

Re: [vox-tech] rsync as an installation / update tool

Yeah, rsync -essh is way cool.

The only problems I can think of would arise if you had different hardware or
different glibc on the different machines, so that executables wouldn't be.

Also, probably you want /var in the exclude list.  Maybe I'm just the nervous
type, but I'd be worried about just copying over /lib/modules in this way,
too.

By the way, I have found unison (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/)
to be an extremely useful and easy-to-use file synchronizer and a good
supplement to rsync.  It supports ssh too.  I use it for /home stuff, not
anything above that.

Aaron

- --
Aaron A. King