2004 Mar 23 17:27

[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech digest, Vol 1 #1096 - 2 msgs

[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech digest, Vol 1 #1096 - 2 msgs

> Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:15:35 -0800
> To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
> Subject: Re: [vox-tech] PDF editor?
> From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
>
> Quoting wild bill (hammer29@sbcglobal.net):
>
> > you might take a look at
> > http://http.cs.berkeley.edu/~phelps/Multivalent/Tools/
> > www.freshmeat.net/projects/vtools
>
> Sensational find!  Thank you.  You have no idea how long I've been
> wanting to find something like this.

It doesn't (seem to) do what I wanted, but I agree that there are some
great tools there.  Among other things, I might mention that the
ExtractText tool is much superior to pdftops | ps2ascii; for instance,
ExtractText retains the pagination of the original document.

Norm