2004 Mar 22 00:16

Re: [vox-tech] Best/fastest graphics accellerator that is Lunux compatible

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 04:51:55PM -0800, Jim Lowman wrote:

> Main problem seems to be the graphics adapter.  SInce the ATI Radeon XT
> 9800 Pro isn't supported, I bought
> a Mad Dog FX 5200, which claims to support Linux.

If this is your dream computer, why did you buy a low-end graphics card?

my advice is: it's better to buy the high-end of the second generation (ie,
newest old) than it is to buy the low-end of the new.

You might say "but what about the new features of the new?", to which i would
reply "why bother if no software makes use of them?"

-Gabe