2004 Mar 21 23:09

Re: [vox-tech] Best/fastest graphics accellerator that is Lunux compatible

Re: [vox-tech] Best/fastest graphics accellerator that is Lunux compatible

I just built a monster box PVR and I had the same concerns you have.

ATI is probably better and faster but the support and performance with Linux
is in question.

I ended up with a nVidia Corporation NV31 [GeForce FX 5600] with 256M RAM on
the card.  I works peachy with the proprietary drivers from nVidia.  It has
analog and DVI connectors.

My next purchase is a flat panel, the Syncmaster is on the top of the list.
The T series all have DVI connectors I believe.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer