2004 Mar 22 00:16

[no subject]

By using the proprietary kernel drivers for Linux from nVidia meant to
work with X, I get acces to accelleration from hardware, support for Linux
and X, support for the S-Video out as well as SVGA and LCD on the same
laptop (and home PC for the one that has an nVidia card too.)

I was impressed with the level of hardware support made available with the
nVidia drivers and X. I have OpenGL support and 3D games are available for
me to play in Linux that utilize this.

The short of my advice:
"Compare the features of a card which are supported in Linux to other
cards features supported in Linux; dont compare whitepapers on just the
cards as that may be misleading."

-ME